The business & management department is now inviting applications for the positions of adjunct professor in ALL fields of business & management, with special focus on accounting & finance; advertising & marketing (preferably with expertise in online marketing/advertising); and entrepreneurship/innovation.
All applicants should have at least a Master degree, preferably a Phd degree in a relevant field, with at least 2 years teaching experience at the university level in the past 10 years. The ideal applicant should have an enthusiastic and inspiring approach to education, with sensitivity and knowledge in handling cultural differences. A proven record of excellent teaching and knowledge about the US higher education system is highly desirable.
For applicants with a practitioner’s background, you need to have at least 5 years relevant working experience or entrepreneurial experience.
For applicants from the academia, 3 years of teaching/research experience in a closely related business/management subject is preferred. Senior PhD students with teaching experience are also welcome to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: Dr. Yang Fan, Program Coordinator for business and management department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Webster University Geneva – Established in 1915, Webster is a Non-Profit, American-Accredited University, with campuses in Europe, USA and Asia. Founded in 1978, our Geneva campus offers Graduate and Undergraduate degrees, and hosts over 650 students from more than 90 nationalities.
Webster University has been accredited since 1925 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. http://www.webster.ch/
Webster University Geneva is recruiting its:
Ideal start date: 4th January 2016
Working hours: Full time – 40 hours per week.
Position overview : The Academic Director is responsible for all aspects of the academic program at Webster University Geneva (curriculum implementation, program development, course offerings, co-curricular initiatives, academic operation at administrative level, assessment, quality assurance, intellectual integrity, accreditation) and for supervising the academic staff and faculty as well as for recruiting and evaluating qualified faculty in all research and teaching positions. The role reports to the Campus Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Oversees academic processes and policies, course and program planning and review
- Supervises and works collaboratively with Department Heads and Global Citizenship Program coordination
- Oversees academic support and services, including advising, the learning center, scholars program, transitions program, ESL, and library
- Works collaboratively with his/her counterparts, especially in European campuses, communicates with department chairs of schools and colleges in the overall network and Saint Louis home campus
- Coordinates the hiring, evaluation, and review of faculty
- Annual performance review of Academic staff, Heads and core faculty members
- Budget planning
- Provides leadership to the accreditation efforts by efficiently driving the academic agenda and policies of quality assurance
- Undertakes specific assignments designated by the Campus Director
Qualifications, skills and experience
- The successful candidate will hold a PhD
- Well established track record in academic leadership
- Strategic thinking, innovative vision for education
- Experience with American and European higher education
- University-level teaching experience and experience with faculty development
- Proven competence in human resource management
- Sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluent English, written and spoken. French fluency is highly desirable
- Ability to develop academic partnerships that will benefit students, faculty, and the community.
How to apply?
Please send your complete application (CV, cover letter, three references for contact) to Geneva.HR@webster.ch
Webster University is an Equal Opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academic diverse staff of the highest caliber. Must be able to obtain Swiss work permit.
Webster University Geneva 15, Route de Collex 1293 Bellevue Switzerland +41 22 959 80 00
Please see: Geneva_Academic_ Director
The Department of Behavioral & Social Sciences welcomes general adjunct teaching applications from Professionals/Practitioners, whose interests may align with Webster University the Netherlands’ academic plans.
Candidates who wish to apply for teaching courses in the undergraduate and graduate program are required to have at least 3 to 5 years recent experience in their specialized field, 3 years teaching experience at the university level and a graduate degree. Preference will be given to applicants who hold a doctoral degree.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: Dr. Sheetal Shah, Head of Department of Behavioral & Social Sciences, email@example.com
Adjunct Faculty Positions:
- Psychopharmacology: This course explores the relationship between Counseling Psychology, psychotherapy and psychotropic drugs. Brain neuroanatomy, various types of psychopharmacological agents and their mechanisms are discussed. Current status of psychopharmacology research and modern application are included.