The MA in Management and Leadership curriculum exposes students to the tools of management and leadership and provides experience in decision-making situations.
Students acquire familiarity with the analytical techniques of management and develop the ability to apply these techniques in actual problem solving in a corporate, government or nonprofit environment.
Extensive use is made of case analysis and practical applications. Teamwork is an essential part of each course, and students will learn to polish the presentation and communication skills needed to succeed in business today.
The MA in Management and Leadership is an excellent study to help improve your emotional intelligence, communication skills, budgeting know-how and leadership abilities.
The program is taught at more than 50 U.S. campus locations in major cities and military bases, at international campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, the Netherlands; Vienna, Austria; and online.
The Master in Management and Leadership at Webster University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Points of Distinction
- Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for MA programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Founded in 1915, Webster is an independent nonprofit university with students studying at campus locations in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and in a robust learning environment online.
- Faculty who practice in the field allow you to take your class experience and apply it to real work situations.
- Students will be able to explain the important terminology,concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management and leadership.
- Students will be able to effectively apply important terminology, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management and leadership when analyzing situations.
- Students will be able to effectively integrate important concepts, principles and theories used management and leadership when developing solutions to multifaceted problems in complex situations
The 36 required credit hours of the MA in Management and Leadership include 8 core courses and 4 electives.
8 core courses:
- MNGT 5000 Management (Requisite Course) (3 hours)
- MNGT 5590 Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- HRMG 5000 Managing Human Resources (3 hours)
- BUSN 5200 Basic Finance for Managers (3 hours)
- MNGT 5650 Management and Strategy (3 hours)
- MNGT 5670 Managerial Leadership (3 hours)
- HRDV 5630 Organization Development and Change (3 hours)
- MNGT 6000 Integrated Studies in Management (3 hours)
In addition, the student chooses 4 elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors.
This program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) in the United States. We have been accredited by the HLC for more than 95 years. This program is not Dutch accredited and does not lead to a degree based on Dutch law, Wet op het Hoger Onderwijs (Law on Higher Education).
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Position yourself for success in whatever career field you choose to pursue at Webster University.
Live in a studio with a private courtyard, art gallery and lounge for students to kick back and relax.
Highlights from the Netherlands
Seventh Global Conference on "Slavery Past, Present and Future" Explores Dimensions of Slavery in Accra
July 14, 2023
Webster Athens Students Empowered by Webster Global Community at the Global Student Leadership Summit
June 20, 2023
Global Student Leadership Summit – Recap 3
May 26, 2023