Education with a Global Perspective
At Webster Leiden we understand school presents its own unique set of challenges.
That’s why enrolling in this private, non-profit University is easy—we maintain a rolling admissions policy meaning there are no official application deadlines.
Learn more about our application process for both undergraduates and working professionals seeking an advanced degree.
Explore Your Financial Options
Experience Webster Leiden
We understand financial considerations can be the deciding factor when planning for school. Whether you’re mapping out what the next four years look like as an undergraduate or if you’re working toward professionally advancing while balancing a family, we’ve got you covered.
- Application Form: The application process begins with the submission of your online application form.
- Required Supplemental Documentation: Please note that applicants are required to submit a number of supplemental documents to support their application. These requirements are listed below in the sections Undergraduate Freshman Applicants, and Undergraduate Transfer Applications sections. You will be able to upload these documents into your online application after you have submitted it.
- Acceptance: After having an intake interview and receiving your completed application package, the Admissions Committee will make a formal acceptance decision. Your admissions representative will then contact you to share the results of the decision and, if you are accepted, an official acceptance package will be sent to you.
- Enrollment and Tuition Deposit: In order to confirm your enrollment, register for classes, and begin arrangements
for any immigration process (if applicable), Webster Leiden Campus requests students
to submit a confirmation deposit. The deposit amount for students are as below:
- EU students ( Visa not required ): €250
- International students outside of EU, not requiring MVV: €1,000
- International students outside of EU, requiring MVV: €10,000
*In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the deposit for non-EU students requiring MVV has been lowered from €10.000 to € 8100.
- The reduced deposit minus the visa application fee of €500 will be refundable provided a student has obtained a visa to study in the Netherlands, but is unable to travel to the Netherlands due to Corona-related travel restrictions.
- For non-EU students not requiring an MVV, the deposit remains €1,000 and a student will be eligible for a refund minus the visa application fee of €500 under these same terms.
- In all cases, the €250 administrative cost will not be charged in case of withdrawal
This policy is subject to change. Please contact your admissions officer for more details.
See Payment Instructions
- Registration: Once your payment has been received and registration for courses opens, you will be contacted by your Academic Advisor for registration. If you are in need of a student visa to enter the Netherlands, your visa process will also start at this time.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts of the last 3 years of your secondary and all post-secondary
education with certified English translations by an official translator of all documents
in languages other than English. These transcripts must be certified with an original
stamp by one of two authorities: the school that generated the transcript or the Ministry
of Education in the school’s country. Webster University does not accept scanned copies.
Should you apply before graduating, your admission status will be provisional until
you submit a copy of your diploma and final transcripts when they become available.
Please note: If you have CLEP, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate (IB) credit or other college preparation program credit you may be eligible for Advanced Standing credits. Please contact the admissions representative for more information.
- Important: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (out of 4.0) on all previous academic work. The admissions office will assess your GPA equivalent.
- Essay: All applicants are asked to submit a 400-500-word essay on a topic of their choice. Most students take this opportunity to state why they would like to study at Webster University. You may also describe a special area of interest, experience or achievement. Additionally, you may also submit a resume of relevant academic, extracurricular and professional experience.
- English fluency: Satisfactory scores on the Academic TOEFL examination (550/80) or Academic IELTS (6.0) examination. If you have attended an American/International/British school for 3 years or longer where the language of instruction was English, this requirement may be waived. If you attended an accredited institution in the United States for at least one year, as a full time student, this requirement will be waived. Webster University Leiden offers on campus TOEFL tests regularly throughout the year. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us, please use the following code: 0548.
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or volunteer supervisor who are able to comment on your strengths and ability to be a successful undergraduate student.
- Passport/Visa: A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for the Netherlands. Please inform us if we need to apply for your visa/resident permit.
Note: Any documentation submitted to Webster University during the application process becomes the sole property of Webster University and will not be returned to the student. Please do not submit original documentation, but certified copies of those original documents.
In order to certify transcripts from an academic institution, please have the issuing institution or the country’s Ministry of Education officially stamp a copy of the document. Notary stamps are not acceptable. Please contact the admissions department for further instruction about certifying documents.
Transfer applicants are students who have completed at least 30 credit hours at another higher education institution. The application procedure for transfer students is the same for as freshman applicants. However, please provide official copies of all post-secondary coursework (more than 30 semester credit hours) with your application.
Letters of recommendation must come from college level instructors and/or employers.
Webster University will accept up to 98 semester credit hours of transfer credits depending on the issuing institution and program you will be studying at Webster Leiden Campus. Please email us at email@example.com or call on +31 71 5168000.
- Submit the Online Application Form.
- Finalize the Application Submission with the payment of the Application Fee (USD 50).
- Upload required documentation (supplemental items), see list below:
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for the Netherlands. Please inform us if we need to apply for your visa/resident permit.
- Copy of a recent CV or Resume.
- Letter of motivation (one page) stating why you want to pursue the program and how it ties into your current career or future professional goals.
- Certified copies of your Bachelor level transcripts
- TOEFL 550/80 or IETLS 6.5 scores or other English proficiency scores if applicable. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us, please use the following code: 0548.
- Letter of recommendation from a professional supervisor, professor or other professional colleague who are able to comment on your strengths and ability to be a successful graduate student.
- Interview: Admissions Department will schedule an interview if the applicant satisfies all requirements.
- Acceptance: The Admissions Committee will make a formal acceptance decision. Your admissions representative will then contact you to share the results of the decision and, if you are accepted, an official acceptance package will be sent to you, including a scholarship application, if applicable.
- Enrollment and Tuition Deposit: In order to confirm your enrollment, register for classes, and begin arrangements for any immigration process (if applicable), Webster Leiden Campus requests students to submit a confirmation deposit.
An Unparalleled Academic Network
Our students have access to a global-centric curriculum, spanning four continents and nine countries worldwide. To find out what program best fits your life and goals, connect with our Admissions staff.